Keep up with activities at the Academies by subscribing to our free e-newsletters. To subscribe to a newsletter, click on the corresponding link below. Depending on the newsletter, you will either be taken to a sign-up form or a page instructing you on how to subscribe.
- What's New @ The National Academies ~ is a weekly e-newsletter with information about upcoming events and links to the latest news from the National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering, Institute of Medicine, and National Research Council.
- The National Academies In Focus ~ announces when a new issue of In Focus, a magazine featuring broad coverage of the activities and news of the National Academies, is available online. Subscribers receive a message containing the full table of contents and a link to the latest issue.
- NAP Email Updates ~ provides alerts on new books from the National Academies Press related to subject areas you select.
- National Academies Keck Futures Initiative (NAKFI) ~ provides periodic updates on NAKFI. Launched in 2003, NAKFI has been catalyzing interdisciplinary research at the intersection of science, engineering, and medicine, and enhancing education among researchers, funding organizations, and universities.
- National Academies Gulf Program ~ sign up to receive e-updates about the National Academy of Sciences new program to advance understanding of health, environment, and oil system safety in the Gulf of Mexico and other Outer Continental Shelf regions
National Academy of Sciences
National Academy of Engineering
- Cultural Programs ~ provides updates on exhibitions, concerts, and other cultural events at the National Academy of Sciences.
- Distinctive Voices ~ provides updates on public lecture series at the Beckman Center in Irvine, Calif. and the Jonsson Center in Woods Hole, Mass..
- Marian Koshland Science Museum ~ offers updates on the latest developments from the Marian Koshland Science Museum, including museum announcements, special events and programs, exhibit news, and more.
- PNAS eTOCs ~ provides table of contents or a notification of availability when new issues of Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences are published online.
- The Collider ~ a newsletter that explores the impact of cutting-edge science and technology in the entertainment industry.
Institute of Medicine
- IOM News ~ announces new publications, upcoming events, and other online offerings of the Institute of Medicine.
Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education
Division on Earth and Life Studies
Division on Engineering and Physical Sciences
- DEPS Newsletter ~ announces new publications, upcoming events, and other online offerings from the Division of Engineering and Physical Sciences at the National Research Council.
- Space Studies Board Newsletter ~ is a quarterly newsletter that provides information on board's current and future studies on astrophysics, heliophysics, earth science, solar system exploration, and microgravity life and physical sciences, and related issues.
- Board on Physics and Astronomy Newsletter
Division onPolicy and Global Affairs
- Policy and Global Affairs ~ Subscribe to receive bi-monthly news clips containing media coverage of PGA activities and reports.
- BISO News ~ The mission of the Board on International Scientific Organizations (BISO) is to strengthen U.S. participation in international scientific organizations and to help build the capacity of these organizations. BISO NEWS is a bi-annual update on the board's activities and the U.S. National Committees to the International Council for Science.
- Board on Higher Education and Workforce ~ Receive occasional news updates on upcoming events, publications, and projects at the board..
- Board on Research Data and Information ~ Bi-annual news about upcoming events, publications, and news from BRDI. The board addresses emerging issues in the stewardship, policy, and use of research data and information at the national and international levels and encourages collaboration across disciplines, sectors, and nations.
- Board on Science, Technology, and Economic Policy ~ Get occasional updates of upcoming events, publications, and news from the projects of the board.
- Committee on Science, Technology, and Law ~ Subscribe to receive information on the activities, projects, and people of the committee.
- Committee on Women in Academic Science, Engineering, and Medicine ~ Receive occasional e-mail alerts about committee news and upcoming events.
- Government-University-Industry Research Roundtable ~ Subscribe to receive information on roundtable activities, projects, and events.
- Science and Technology for Sustainability Roundtable ~ Get information, on a monthly basis, of upcoming events, publications, and news about sustainability activities, both in the roundtable and throughout the other boards and committees of the National Academies.
- University-Industry Demonstration Partnership ~ Get information, on a monthly basis, of upcoming events, publications, and news from the partnership.
Transportation Research Board
- Transportation Research E-Newsletter ~ provides weekly coverage of transportation research developments in the United States and abroad.
- SHRP 2 News ~ is an electronic mailing list for announcing publications, events, webinars, and other news about the second Strategic Highway Research Program (SHRP 2).